Sunday, October 11, 2015

Character Intro

I'm back.

While I was away, I've been a bit busy.  Not as busy as I'd like, didn't have as much free time as I hoped.  But nonetheless, I made some leeway.

One thing I try for nearly every year is make a game for Halloween.  This year is no different.

I played around on the gameplay and it definitely evolved over time.  It started as an action game which changed to a more strategic style game.  Gameplay still seems to change with a few tweaks here and there to more major changes.  I plan to keep working on it until I get something that I'm happy with.

Something that hasn't changed much are the characters involved.  Names might change but personality and their role look very set.  Something very major would need to come up for me to change it now.  Without further ado, character intros inside

Jack --- Founder, creator, and president of the Paranormal Club.  The club's singular purpose is to find proof of ghosts.  Jack looks for leads for the club to search and leads the club to investigate and document their findings.

Zoey --- Co-founder, co-creator, and technician of the Paranormal Club.  She builds many of the equipment the club is using to detect and record the ghosts.  She is also Jack's girlfriend.

Hunter --- The muscle of the Paranormal Club.  Going through ghost infested, abandoned buildings isn't a walk in the park.  Hunter provides much needed strength to clear the area and stop pesky outsiders from interfering. 

Derrick --- The vice president of the Paranormal Club.  Derrick is the helper, the jack of all trades.  It's sometimes nice to have a backup or someone to similar expertise to double check.

Victoria --- The skeptic and researcher of the Paranormal Club.  Ironically, Jack wanted someone who doesn't believe in ghosts.  Victoria is the smartest person Jack knows and tries to explain any unusual phenomenons reported.  If she can't give a reasonable explanation for what happened, Jack considers that a success.

If you're paying attention, you'll notice I didn't mention who you're playing as.  Just for fun, I'm going to let you guess.  I left out some key details that would give it away.  The main character (plus the extra details) reveal in a week.

Have fun guessing.

2 comments:

  1. Trivia:
    The plural of "phenomenon" is "phenomena" not "phenomenons" because it's ... er ... Latin or Greek or something old like that.
    "Leeway" is space between the boat and the lee shore, meaning it's how far awy you are from getting blown onto rocks. What you make is "headway."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, "phenomenons" made it through the spell checker... Oh well. Good to know. Thanks!

      Delete