Monday, September 21, 2015

Wow an update!

Apologies for not posting.  I have no real excuse for not posting.

But here's what's happening.  Computer problems.  Should be fixed now, hopefully.  Wasn't a big deal, just very annoying and could've been a lot worse.  Thankfully it wasn't.

Also new rags is out.  The new stable version is 2.4.16.  I'm on the fence about updating SJ to 2.4.16 or not.  I know a lot of people complained about earlier versions of SJ using 2.4.14 (since 2.4.0 was the stable version).  However, 2.4.16 is the new stable version.  To add to the consideration, my license had expired.  So if I want the full version of 2.4.16, I will need to buy a new one.  So the question is if updating SJ to 2.4.16 is worth the cost.

Lastly and honestly, I was burnt out.  I wanted to get some steady progress going so I treated it like a job.  Unfortunately, it started affecting me like a job.  It wasn't relaxing.  It wasn't clearing my mind.  I desperately needed a refresh and this wasn't providing.

So I took a break.  I said no more until I feel the urge to start working and designing again.  And lately, ideas have been flowing... I'm quite interested in how they turn out.

2 comments:

  1. If Rags 2.4.16 is purely a cost issue, let me know i will donate the amount. I'm not too familiar with the differences, but if it improves your ability to make the game better, I'm supportive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the offer. It's not a purely cost issue. If there are features I can use, I'll buy it. The question is if it helps me at all.

      If one of the new features, let's say, is improved javascript coding. That doesn't help me since I don't know javascript.

      Delete