Friday, March 20, 2015

3/20 Status Update

Finishing a lot of things.  Putting a lot of time for this.  Even had someone ask me what I'm working on so late at night, awkward.

I'm at the state I wanted to be at last week.  Rapidly running out of time.  Ending section is taking longer than I thought.

I think my lack of sleep is making the game turn weird.  I seriously worry people won't understand what's going on.  If I had more time, I can mess around with the "weirdness" at the ending.

Going to release an alpha build later today hopefully.  Two main questions I want.
1. How long did it take for you to figure out the disability?
2. Did you understand what was happening at the ending?

Extra Credit Question: I'm terrible at naming my games.  What do you think it should be called?  I'm leaning to just "Beth".  Nice and simple, but lacks any intrigue.  It doesn't sound very compelling.



Melanie: 97% -> Done
Tim: 80% -> Done
Josh: 25% -> 95%
Sharon: 10% -> Done
Tonya: 70% -> Done
Mapping: 80% -> Done
Quests: 35% -> 95%
Ending: 0% -> 70%
Overall: 30% -> 90%

Josh and Quests are at 95%.  Haven't ran through them yet.  But I think it works completely.

3 comments:

  1. look forward to seeing the Alpha- had you considered having a name that contributed to the apparent "mystery of the disability?" Something that pointed the player to either the solution in a subtle, nondescript way or made reference to the fact that there is a mystery regarding the disability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't a mystery. It's more like I did not explicitly say your disability but put signs of it everywhere.

      Delete
    2. I like it as is. "Beth" is deceptively simple, a part of a name hinting at other pieces.
      - Decker

      Delete