Friday, November 25, 2016

Update 11/25

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Last week's goals" turned out harder than expected.  I should have known given how much trouble I had with it before.  I ran into a few problems.  First, picture hunting still proves to be time consuming.  Second, picture editing takes even longer.  Third, I couldn't get the right look and had to do a few different approaches.  This section has some visual elements that needs to convey the information clearly (and subtly for some parts).  It took me a while to make sure the player has a fighting chance.

Lastly, I had a clear idea on what to do, but I didn't have a clear design.  I literally sat down to do some work, but couldn't get anything except some high level stuff.  I ended up going back to design work before I could continue.  The "weekly" goal seems to work out well, but now I think I only found half of the solution.  I think I need to find a way to balance some design goals while focusing and making sure I do some coding as well.

Tentatively, I thought it would be balanced by hours, like 1 hour working on design and 3 hours on code.  But it's really just design needs to reach a certain point where it's more productive to code than doing more design.  I plan to give this more thought.

Goal 1: Production planning- find a method to balance design work and code work.
Goal 2: Finish up in between work.

1 comment:

  1. Progress is progress. Keep moving in a forward direction, yeah?

    ReplyDelete